Requesting advice from pro vapers

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone I'm new to vaping and have been practicing smoke tricks for about a month and a half. I've managed to prefect my smoke rings just the way I want them but I can't seem to do the bending just right. I shoot a nice milky ring but when I try to follow it with my hand to bend it in another direction it just messes up the ring and I move my hand slow when I'm approaching the ring. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is there something I can do to make it easier? Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated. I'm really motivated and practice every day, I want to get really good at tricks and be able to do advance combos

Posted

Personally I start with my hand next to my face and as soon as I shoot out a smoke ring my hand is right there following it until it slows down. At that point is when I start the bending. It'll take a bit to get the speed of which you wanna start bending down. Also don't touch the ring, and try to be fluid in your motions.

Posted

Thanks that helped alot. Im able to change the direction of the ring now but it still doesn't go far and it starts to lose its shape and thicknesse shortly after I bend it. What do i do about that? 

Posted (edited)

When I'm setting up for a bend I pop my O with some velocity. typically the faster the better. you want that O's vortex really churning to get some life out of it. as far as the set up for my hand placement I typically do what PurpleDragon does unless I'm using two hands. You'll want to keep in mind the air displacement your hand is going to cause. I usually try to imagine an imaginary bubble on the palm of my hand, the faster my hand is going the longer that radius of the air pocket is. Get too close your going to break up your O. I try to stay back a little ways until the O loses velocity then I hone in closer to where I imagine that O is a ring sitting on that imaginary bubble on my hand. Then I bend away, when I'm in that sweet spot and moving the O it seems like that keeps the vortex churning inside itself. If you stop to suddenly, or jerk or stutter she's going dissipate. Reading the velocity and the speed of your vortex I feel is key when to stop bending. You'll need to let her go at some point to the extend the life. You may just need to pop O's that have more speed I usually use the jaw cracking technique or the clicking technique with the tongue simultaneously with the coughing method to achieve this. 

Edited by CJDreadful

Posted

I know it may be stupid to mention this but make sure you keep you hand flat with the o at first until you decide to change direction it took me a while to figure this out cause I didn't have any help as I was unaware of sites like this and vape vids on youtube.