Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Trick build - thoughts?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, new here, have a question:

I'm not sure what to build for tricks. Right now I'm running a nice clapton build that's okay for tricks once it's warm, and I'm not a cloud chaser but I did do a 5 wrap 20g build which hits hard but get's super warm, real fast. Not so good for chain vaping for tricks. I was going to try a 6 wrap 20g as I saw in a video from a vape tricker (forgot the name).

Any other suggestions? I have a decent supply of wire from 20g-28g I believe, low on 24g at the moment.

Thoughts on air flow and wattage for the build as well?

Thanks!
Spence.

Posted

Hey spence.vape I have always been searching for the best tricking builds from quick ramp up time to dense vape but my personal overall favorite would be a 24g 3mm 5 wrap parallel with hybrid wire it fires around 0.1ohm. I typically use Vapin Wick n Wire, I have been running it on my Mutation v4 atty and its perfect for tricks. I like clapton builds but they heat up my mod or the vapor is so warm that its hard to blow O's, so if Im not rocking the parallel I usually build a 22g 3mm 5 wrap with hybrid wire and it fires between 0.06-0.09 ohm depending on the atty. I have also heard a rumor about a 22g or 24g 3mm 10 wrap being one of the best trick builds because of the surface area of the coil but if you try it id recommend  using nichrome or hybrid wire because the ramp with Kanthal would be terrible.

hope this helps!

-DarthVapor666

Posted

Completely agree. This past couple of weeks I must have put about 20 different builds into my RDA. As fancy and pretty as some of looked, for the best clouds (overall size and density) I keep going back to a 22g nichrome, 8 wrap parallel build (.11ohms). I tighten the neg post and drag the coil to be as high and central as I can to maintain airflow under the coil. Wicking is important too, i always make sure my cotton is only just touching the bottom of the well and I don't super-soak it, just enough to get about 3 or 4 good hits. Airflow on the RDA is all preference, if you can keep closing it further and get a good hit, do so, as it will help with cloud density. ?